When Phoenix is installed the following components will appear in different sections of the 3ds max interface:
- Simulator - in "Phoenix objects" category of geometry components – This component is the main component of Phoenix plug-in. It carries out the physical simulation and the rendering.
- Source - in "Phoenix objects" category of the Helpers – This component is responsible for the fluid sources. It has several parameters describing the outgoing flow, and a list with nodes releasing the fluid.
- Phoenix 3D Preview - in the list of available extended views (right click on the upper left corner and menu Views->Extended) – This is the Phoenix's real time view, using hardware accelerated shading.
- Phoenix Force - in the Particle View window – This is a component used in particle flow to affect the particles movement.
- PhoenixTest - in the Particle View window - This is a component used in particle flow to switch the particles into different event when a threshold in the fluid is crossed
- Phoenix Birth - in the Particle View window - This is a component used in particle flow to create new particles at certain conditions
- PhoenixTexmap - in the material editor - This component exports the channels of a selected Phoenix object as procedural textures
- PhoenixParticleTexture - in the material editor - Calculates a texture over a given particle system.