This tab of the Render Settings holds the common options for rendering
File Name - specifies the name and extension of the file in which the output will be saved. Note that the file extension directly controls the output format. Most output formats generate a single file per frame, except for .exr which emits additional output files for each render channel.
Save In - specifies a folder in which the output will be saved
These options are only available when the output format is set to .exr
Compression type - allows you to choose between the different methods for compression available for the .exr format.
Bits per channel - specifies the dynamic range of the file that is going to be saved. The user can choose between 16 bits(half-float) or 32 bits (full float).
VRay Pass Options
- creates a local copy of global VRay Options for the current pass.
Copy VRay Settings
- applies the local VRay settings to the global ones.
VRay Region Copy Options
Pass to Region
- applies VRay settings from the current pass to current viewport render region.
Pass or Region
- copies the global VRay options to current render region settings.
Region to Pass
- VRay Options from current viewport render region are applied to the current pass.
Region to Global
- copies VRay Options from current viewport render region to global VRay settings.
Use V-Ray VFB - when this option is checked V-Ray will render the image in the V-Ray VFB. This is the recommended mode. If unchecked, the built-in Softimage preview window will be used, with some limitations (only 8-bit color depth is allowed for the built-in preview)